Thursday 11 October 2012

Doughnut Muffins

Doughnuts and muffins are two of my favourite cakes to eat, so imagine my delight when I stumbled across a recipe which combined the two, after a few tweaks of my own I found something which tasted delicious. These are currently one of my favourite things to bake (and eat) and have bee used in many a hamper, thank you presents and even a job interview earlier this year.

Ingredients:
140g Caster Sugar
200g Plain Flour
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
100ml Natural Yogurt
2 Large Eggs - beaten
1tsp Vanilla Extract
140g Melted Butter
12tsp Jam (Or nutella if you want to make chocolate ones!!)






Method:
Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/Gas 5
Put sugar, flour and the bicarb in a bowl and mix to combine together
In a jug whisk together the yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract
Tip the jug contents and melted butter into the dry ingredients and quickly fold with a metal spoon to combine
Divide two-thirds of the mixture between the cases
Add 1tsp of jam (or nutella) to the centre of each
Cover with the remaining mixture
Bake for 16-18 minutes until risen, golden and springy to touch.



Try not to eat them all in one go -Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment