Tuesday 16 October 2012

Strawberry tart

I made this over summer and it was a roaring success. Admittedly it is probably very much a summer dessert, but I find it to be a perfect accompaniment after a heavy dinner. This uses strawberries as the fruit, but I think it would work just as well with raspberries, peaches or any number of fruit.

Ingredients:
175g Crunchy biscuits (I used an own brand which worked perfectly)
75g Melted butter
400g Strawberries (or whatever fruit you are using)
284ml Double cream
5 Soft toffees (I used Wether's Originals, although I'm sure any kind of toffee would be fine)
200g Greek yoghurt

Method:
Line a flan tin with baking parchment
Put the biscuits in  strong food bag and bash with a rolling pin until they are finely crushed
Tip into a bowl and mix in the melted butter
Press the mixture over the base of the tin
Chill for at least 30 minutes until it feels firm
Slice/halve the strawberries - depending on the size
Remove the biscuit base from the tin and slide onto a flat plate
Put 2tbsp of the cream into a small bowl with the toffees
Whip the rest of the cream until it holds its shape in soft folds
Fold in the yoghurt then spoon over the biscuit base
Cover the mix with the strawberries
Melt the toffees and cream together in a microwave on medium for 30secs - 1 min, then stir until it forms a sauce
Drizzle over the tart

Enjoy!!







2 comments:

  1. this sounds like a yummy dessert! I never thought of making toffee sauce like this, will be sure to note this down. Great tip! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Strawberries, so I'm pretty sure I would love this!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete