Wednesday 20 February 2013

Red Velvet Pancakes

I adore pancakes, I mean who doesn't? This year Stuart and I didn't get to celebrate Shrove Tuesday as he was away and I didn't want to make pancakes just for myslef. This weekend, however, we decided to indulge ourselves and I made red velvet pancakes. These were really easy to make and I am assured by Stuart that they are delicious too :)

Ingredients:
1 cup plain flour
1 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn salt
2 tbspn sugar
2 tbspn cocoa powder
1 egg
1 cup of milk
Knob of butter
Lots of red food colouring

Method:
Whisk all the pancake mixture together until you are left with a smooth mixture.
Add a generous amount of food colouring so the mixture turns red - I stupidly didn't have a lot of food colouring but they still turned out red so don't worry too much.
Leave the mixture to set for about 30 minutes in the fridge.
Cook the pancakes! I went for some that were Scotch pancake side and others that were larger and thinner - both were a hit!

Ours were served with Ice Cream but you go for whatever you fancied :)


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'd never thought of turning pancakes another colour before!

    ReplyDelete