Wednesday 25 September 2013

Asda

Oh Asda, how I love your bargain deals, your George clothes and the fact that you are normally cheaper than my go to supermarket. Tonight though asda you have lost yourself a customer. I myself suffer from a mental illness, more than one in fact, and it has taken me a long time to come to terms with this fact and even longer to realise how much stigma is attached to me and others. I'm not sure who decided in that marketing meeting that it was ok to realise a costume depicting a 'mental health patient' clutching a plastic meat cleaver covered in blood yet somehow not only was it agreed on it was actually made. Below there is a picture of the costume and me - a real life mental health patient, I'm pretty sure there aren't many comparisons to be made. Asda this is in exceptionally poor taste and I (and many others) will be imploring you to rectify the situation immediately.




2 comments:

  1. Apparently Asda are donating 25 grand to a mental health charity. To save face, I'll warrant. But in my opinion the damage has already been done.

    ReplyDelete