Wednesday 27 November 2013

Help

Dear Readers,

I never wanted this blog to become a place of negativity but today I desperately need to reach out for help. As you all know my path to recovery has been treacherous, I have great days and not so great days but I always know in my heart that I am heading in the right direction - however over the last few days I have felt myself losing a grip on reality and now I need help/advice on how to get myself back onto the right track.

Up until this point in my recovery I have been making steady process, sure I have been blinded with insecurity along the way but deep in my heart I have known that things are getting better. Now I have a new insecurity, one that has the potential to destroy me - I have developed a hatred for feeling full, whether that be from food or liquid. I hate the fullness, I hate how it makes me feel and I hate how much I detest myself for being full. I have to be honest and admit that there have been times where I have thought about purging the only reason that I haven't ventured down this path is because of my overwhelming fear of being sick, but the fact that the thought has popped into my mind absolutely terrifies me. I am scared that one day I won't be this strong, that the ED will override me and that I will succumb to this new demon.

So my question to you is how do I move forward form this point? How do I keep myself moving forward and ignore the new demon on my shoulder?



1 comment:

  1. Hey Gemma,

    How about trying eating smaller amounts but throughout the day? Kind of like, stop eating before you get full and then maybe an hour/half hour later eat a little bit more. Sometimes I find having full portions on my plate can be... sickening and then I can't eat anymore. I don't have an ED so, of course, my advice is not professional, but it might help with this new demon. My friend has an ED so I know what it's like.

    Best of luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete